Thursday, September 18, 2003

girl friends

for the past few days, my mailbox has been full of messages from my college barkada. not that i am complaining. receiving news from them is something i have always loved. i even think it's funny sometimes when we are so engrossed in replying to each other's mail that the subject of our emails don't match its contents anymore.

there are times when i just miss our college days --- when we saw each other every day, hang out in the org tambayan, and do the ordinary stuff girl friends do. we seldom have time to see each other nowadays. jent is in new zealand, jenp is in japan, ginia and raf are both in the u.s. and i am here in australia. myn, grette, sheryl and rona are all in the philippines. but even when i was back home, we rarely see each other. we usually get together when someone comes home after a long stay abroad. (which, you could imagine, comes once in a blue moon). however, when that happens, we can turn any serene area into a boisterous and laughter-filled one. :)

i also have a group of girl friends from my previous company. no offense to the guys. we seldom see each other since jo and rish are both in japan. eden stays in alabang while rose, martha and mommy bhing are all in the makati office. we often talk via IM, though. they know all the good and bad stuff that come and go in my life. maybe that's why i never felt that i completely left. my mom even said that though i am already in a new company, my "umbilical cord" is still tied with theirs. :) i am now looking forward to a coffee session with them when i get back.

and my greatest group of girl friends? my sisters and my mom. again, no offense to my dad and my only brother who i both love very much.

i seldom see karla who does night shift at work. and ate has already left home since she has a family of her own. faye is busy with school and mom with her clinic. but every time i get a chance to talk to them, even if they are just mundane topics, it just feels good. i relish the times we just sit around or lie cramped together in one bed and talk about everything that pops into our heads. :)

i love my girl friends. :)

No comments: