Monday, September 22, 2003

no barriers at all

today is cutover day.

in spite of the problems i have encountered this morning(one was due to my stupidity --- i am still kicking myself because of it), i still feel lucky to be part of the barrier reef project. probably because i've had really good working relations with my teammates.

martina is probably the best partner a new person like me (or any other person for that matter) would like to have. she's really helped me a lot through the project and i've never seen her lose her temper at me though i have my share of misses. beyond work, i've had a lot of conversations with martina... we just don't seem to run out of topics to talk about. siobhan, antoniette and jannet are just really great people who never seems to run out of smiles for you. and dennis! dennis seems quiet and aloof when you see him at the office... just a guy minding his own business. but wait until you hear his stories --- you will just roll over with laughter!

aside from the australia team that i have come to dearly love (mwah! mwah! mwah!), i would have to single out adam and guoliang. adam is our project leader who i eventually came to think of as a big brother. and guoliang is... well, i've always thought of guoliang as adam's partner in crime. and i believe a lot of people would think the same way if they see them together. i've had a lot of fun being around them whether it's work or non-work related. i spent my weekend with them at the city going through the royal botanical gardens, st. mary's cathedral (which i think is the most beautiful church i've ever been to -- mom would've loved to see it), the sydney opera house and to all the other places our tired and aching feet took us.

i am just really thankful of all the nice things my project has given me. more than a sense of fulfillment when it comes to work, i have gained a million great memories being with really beautiful people. :)

No comments: