Friday, January 21, 2005

beauty?

during lunch, a friend told me she will be having liposuction. it was hard for me to keep my surprise to myself since i never really imagined anybody i know to undergo that kind of procedure. i've seen it done in extreme makeover and it wasn't a pretty sight. i don't even understand how anybody could consider giving that kind of torture to their bodies. yes, that is what i think it is. your body goes through so much battery and pain just to make it look better. it wouldn't bother me much if the surgery is for health reasons.

don't get me wrong, i do not look at my friend any differently than how i did before. in fact, in some ways, i think i admire her for having the courage to do it. i could just imagine the questions and the whispers that would circulate in the office when she gets back.

at this point, i believe i won't be undergoing such a procedure in my lifetime. i am not saying that i am liking my body the way it is. in fact, it really needs a lot of work. but at the same time, i don't believe it's a hideous sight for me to consider cosmetic surgery.

like what i said to my sister, we need to have the balance between knowing what to improve and accepting what God has given us. there are some things that we cannot change and we should consider a gift. and for those that we can change, there are some other ways of making it better. it may take more time and effort than we actually want but i believe it would be better for us in the end.

6 comments:

elapot said...

AMEN to that Kat!

Anonymous said...

it looks like its a very painful procedure not only to the body but also to the pocket. i might as well not to undergo such ;)

Anonymous said...

it looks like its a very painful procedure not only to the body but also to the pocket. i might as well not to undergo such ;)
-cruise

kat said...

it is... my friend almost used up all of her savings. pero sabi niya, pera lang naman daw yun. can't argue with that.

odette said...

you know what ... i thought of having one before. mostly during my "why can't i wear nice clothes" and other "poor me" moments. good thing i don't have the moolah.

but then, there are other ways to feel good about yourself. =)

kat said...

dess: talaga? i thought you were pretty self-assured back then. e di lalo na siguro ngayon. ;) i agree with you, there are so many other ways we can feel good about ourselves. though minsan, it helps if we do fit into a nice dress. hehehe! :)