Tuesday, December 06, 2005

musings as i turn a year older

i am two years shy from the big 3-0. and although this is the same as most of my birthdays, somehow i feel like i need to do something. something that would bring me closer to what i really want. now with that said, i think the first step is to know what i really want.

people might mistake me for a career-driven person. someone who has clear direction in life. possibly because i have never been known to stray from what is considered good and successful. hindi pa ako naligaw ng landas, ika nga. i've been a good student, i've finished college from a reputable school (a lot even consider it the best in the philippines), i have a good-paying job at a good company, i have a wonderful family and great sets of friends.

but the truth is, i don't have a direction. i don't have clear-cut goals that guide what i do everyday. i am simply going with the flow to wherever life takes me. fate is deciding my future whereas it should be me deciding my fate. i don't have the passion nor the drive. it's sad, really.

i haven't found what i really want to do for the rest of my life. nor have i found anything i am extremely good at. though these two may not necessarily be the same thing, i am hoping to find something that is.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well you found us. we found you. who cares who found who as long as we got each other.

i wanna throw up na. this is so not me.

loves yah!

Anonymous said...

it is difficult to really find our "corner in the sky". i know what you mean. one has to find his/her passion to get the most out of life. we are good people and yet our life seems to have no direction. my suggestion? try different things... as in get out of your comfort zone... madaling sabihin, mahirap gawin... oh well... kakayanin natin yan. through our journey, alalahanin mong andito lang kaming mga kaibigan mo.