Monday, March 20, 2006

it's been three years

yes, three years since i started with my current company. it might be trivial for some but it's kind of an accomplishment for me. i spent a year in my first company, staying a whole year outside of the country. by the time our contract ended, i was all too ready to go home. my experience with my second company started out great. i didn't feel lonely at all even during my first day because i had friends from my previous company with me (we transferred companies together). plus, we had other batchmates who immediately became our friends, and eventually our office barkada. as time passed, our barkada grew to what it is now. looking back, i would say i grew a lot because of my experiences in this company. i learned much, enjoyed much and endured much, as well. eventually, the enduring had to end and i happily transferred to my third company. i was happy to leave because i knew i was going into something better and with the knowledge that in leaving, i would not sever ties with my friends.

it was actually a harder transition to my third company. first, because i was the only one coming into the team then. i had no friends on the first day and most of my teammates were on business trips outside the country. for about two weeks, i was alone. as time passed, i gained new friends. my teammates became like a family to me. and my manager was, and up to this day, the best mentor that i ever had. things were great. everything i wanted in a company, i got there. but as fate would have put it, we got outsourced to an IT company. most things remained the same but there were also some inevitable changes.

within that three years, i have had three different roles. and i enjoyed all of them immensely while learning a lot. i have met and befriended people of different nationalities. i was able to travel and embrace different cultures. it has been an amazing ride. i just feel blessed to be here and still enjoying what i do.

No comments: