Tuesday, October 30, 2007

before it ends

there's a sense of accomplishment in my life right now, now that i have actually finished my project. this is the first time that i have led a project and i could not even start to explain the feelings that i have now that it's over.

i told jon in our project management report that there have been times when i was given big responsibilities in projects and i have treated those as mini-projects that i am leading but this is the first time that i got to be accountable for everything. it's a scary thing at the start because truthfully, i didn't know what i was doing. i probably had an idea about what things to do but i was not confident at all.

it has been a long journey. nine months, to be exact. as if i was having a baby. maybe, in some weird way, this is that. and i could not even express how thankful i am to the people who have helped us along the way.

my team is probably the best team i could hope for --- melai, raffy, andrew, jade, mavie, katt, melvin, neill, jeff p. they were always there to support the project, extending hours just to be able to deliver. and they are my real babies. i have seen how they started, how they struggled and how they shined in their own ways. and i am so proud that they have accomplished so much!

my support team has been amazing --- mylene, jaime, taylor, ewa, guoliang, sanjay, chuck, jusel, perci, natz, allan, janice, minette. i know my life as a project manager would have been so much more difficult without their help. they let me discover and do things my own way but always being there to support me when i need them.

i am, in a way, saddened that this must come to an end because now it's going to be a new team all over again while this project is now familiar to me. but really, it's mostly happiness and pride that i feel right now. let me bask in it some more before it finally ends.

No comments: