Friday, October 03, 2003

sometimes you have no choice...

i was watching tv (as i usually do when i stay in my hotel room) when i saw this advertisement asking donations for an alzheimer's disease foundation. i could not define what this disease is. all i know is that somehow, your memory gets impaired and soon you forget almost everything. i know. because my grandmother died of this.

tears still fall from my eyes everytime i think of alzheimer's and inay (that's how we call our maternal grandmother). even that simple tv advertisement made me cry. it might sound stupid or too melodramatic for some but i believe those who have been affected by alzheimer's know what i am talking about.

some studies say that alzheimer's may be genetic. so it's possible for me to have it, as well. karla and i once joked that we feel we are the ones that would be having it in the family. i just hope that in case it would happen to me, my future husband and kids will take care of me the same way inay was cared for.

No comments: