Monday, December 15, 2003

to you...

dear friend,

when we started talking a while ago, i knew something was bothering you. i asked if it was work-related, all the while knowing that though it might be a reason, it wasn't the one that was troubling you. i asked anyway, hoping that i was wrong. but you never did tell me what your problem was. you were spurning off profound statements that could only give me a glimpse but never really revealed anything. and i had to content myself with that. firstly because i know you would've told me what it was if you wanted to and i was not about to pry into something you decided to keep private. secondly, because i am the same. i could be very vague when trying to share something while keeping the details unknown. you probably know what i am talking about. and in the same way, i understand. but still, it doesn't help keep me from being sad. i'm sad because you didn't let me in... you just gave me a glimpse and closed the door. i'm sad because you didn't give me a chance to help and to share in whatever load you are carrying. but you are my friend. and right now, your troubles are more important than mine. so i just wish you well and hope that you would be able to straighten out all the curves in your life. remember that i will always be here for you.

for always,
kat

No comments: