Thursday, August 19, 2004

tiring

my mind is exhausted.

i rushed in the office this morning to finish the presentation for the training i would be conducting. a training, may i say, that i am not confident of giving because i am fairly new at the job. my fear is based on the possibility of teaching my trainees something wrong and them being newer in this role than i am, they are bound not to question. but what if in the future they might do something with this wrong thing that i taught them stuck in their heads? i would really rather have all my information (especially the ones i am imparting to be correct). on top of trying to finish the presentation, i open my email to find an issue that needs to be solved urgently. it would've been great if, upon seeing the problem the solution immediately pops in my head. but no. i had to go to the system to check the data and log into the internet to verify everything. ready to talk to my contact in china, i find that she's already out for lunch.

after lunch, i conduct a training that had me talking for two whole hours. hopefully, my trainees learned something within that span of time. i go back to my workplace to finish the issue i had this morning but wanting to make sure my solutions are correct, i go and chase some colleagues to have my questions answered. when i finally was going to implement the fix in the production system, i find that i have no access to do that! so i again have to chase another person to do the fix for me! there was another problem that we had to fix which thankfully was a whole lot easier to do.

by 830 pm, my meetings started.

the first one lasted for an hour and a half. the second was over in a little over an hour. there was another meeting that i was supposed to have but luckily, my contact in latin america had another meeting lined up so we had to reschedule on monday.

good thing it's already friday tomorrow. i am so looking forward to the weekend.

==========

on a sour note, the post above is not my original entry. i just pressed the publish button after having one of the easiest times writing when my connection fails and i could not recover anything. the internet must be tired as well.

No comments: