Tuesday, April 12, 2005

on crushes

we were in one of our breaktime moods yesterday when the topic of relationships came to the picture. sarah and sol, both asked me at one point what i wanted in a guy. well, if they told me i could go on and on with my list and they had the whole afternoon to listen then maybe i would've told them. but the truth is, i never had a "type". i mean, my crushes did not come from the same mold. i actually think they are very diverse. in retrospect though, i think the one thing they had in common was that i had a very easy time talking to them. i told sol and sarah that i didn't want to be working too hard to keep a conversation with a person --- like knowing the latest technology or needing to read the newspaper everyday to keep up with the current events. nor do i like someone who is dimwitted. and all of my past crushes were somewhere in between.

in the middle of our conversation, i told them that i was over the period wherein i was feeling sorry for myself not having a boyfriend. admittedly, i sometimes think about it once in a while, wondering if and when that person will come into my life but it doesn't bother me as much as it did before. the thought lingers in my mind for a second or two and goes flitting to something else.

i even miss having a crush. that giddy, heady feeling you have when you see that person or when he smiles at you or even when you just think of him in the middle of the day. i don't have that now. and truthfully, i sometimes wish i had a crush on somebody in the office --- so i'd get inspired to go to work everyday. hehehehe! :)

2 comments:

HanAgiRL said...

i haven't had an attainable crush in a long time. it's always some foreign celebrity :)

kat said...

e may hana ka naman eh! :)