Friday, May 27, 2005

music trip

i once promised myself that i would buy one music cd each month as each payday comes. yes, that is my gift to myself for a month-long work. and yes, just one because i can't really splurge much since i still have loads of things to pay for.

anyway, i went to music one (my favorite music store as of the moment because i'm getting 10% off when using my credit card) to look for one of the cd's in my list. guy sebastian's cd is not yet released here and janno gibbs' seven is not available. so i chose among usher, destiny's child and jojo --- and jojo it is. walking around, i also saw stacie orrico's cd and since it was on sale (plus there were only two copies left), i decided to buy it as well.

as i was listening to the cd's though, i actually liked stacy orrico's better that i did jojo's. the songs in her cd were more diverse and the lyrics had more meaning. to think that i only bought her cd because i liked "stuck" :) jojo is a talented singer. no doubt about that. and at a very young age, she's bound to have a long career ahead. however, i think she took her genre very seriously (or she was "packaged" to be that) and so her songs sounded very much alike. hopefully, she can make a mark in the music industry now and be able to take more "risks" in her next album. maybe then, we'll see more variety in her songs.

==========

(there must be) more to life
"...i've got it all, but i feel so deprived. i go up, i come down and i'm emptier inside. tell me what is this thing that i feel like i'm missing and why can't i let it go? there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me..."


hesitation
"...why do you spend all your time watching life pass you by, hanging on to your pride, all that you can anticipate, hoping all your mistakes will somehow fade away..."


strong enough
"...He took my life into His hands and it turned it all around. in my most desperate circumstance, it's there i've finally found that You are strong enough, that You are pure enough to break me, pour me out and start again, that You are brave enough to take one chance on me. oh thank you for my chance to start again..."

3 comments:

kat said...

kahit na pedicure lang yun, pede na rin! basta something to treat yourself. :) pero maganda nga yung book... mahihiram ko pa. hehehe! :)

Anonymous said...

you do realize i am thrilled with this one-cd-per-month thing you have going on right?

stacy orrico: hindi pa sikat, laos na. but i do agree, i like her album better. hmmmm... ano kaya susunod mong bibilihin? Carrie Underwood? :p

kat said...

hehehe! syempre kasi nadadagdagan ang playlist mo. :)

i doubt kung si carrie underwood kasi ang dami pang nakalinya sa mga bibilhin ko. :)