Monday, January 16, 2006

just a thought

i was attending mass a while ago. it was usual for me to pray for my family, friends and all my loved ones but today, i especially thought of mom, franco and sofia. i said a special prayer for mom because my sister said she wasn't feeling well the past few days and may even be confined (hopefully not). the prayer for sofia and franco was just to have God keep them safe and that they would not forget who i am. i know it's a bit stupid considering that franco's just 2 and sofia is a mere 3 months old.

anyway, it got me thinking. if i would continue working in a foreign country, how would i build a relationship with my niece and nephew? it would be different if i left when they're all grown up and i've been there through most of their life. but if you're away when they're just growing up, it would be very difficult to have any strong relationship if they only see you once a year. makes me wonder if this ever occurred to my aunts and uncles who decided to migrate here in the united states. it may be a different case simply because they have their own families with them.

working in a foreign country would, most of the time, give you financial fulfillment. but it just makes me wonder, does it come at a price too high?

1 comment:

elapot said...

oi kat, send mo ulet # mo sa gels.
nga pala i tagged you :D