Tuesday, October 10, 2006

music collections

i was browsing through the racks at walmart when i saw that they had cds on sale. i normally don't buy cds here in the US because they're much more expensive than in the philippines. however, when i saw these two, i could not help myself but buy them both.

christopher cross


favorite songs in christopher cross's album are:

swept away

...that you're everything i ever wanted at once
there's no holding this heart when it knows what it wants
and i never wanted anything more than to know you...
... the very first time you said my name
i knew it would never sound the same
something about me is changed forever...


open up my window

...every night that i'm away from you
this old bed seems way too big
and my dreams so small
goin' through the motions
as i stare out from my room
i begin to realize
that we're sharin' the same moon...


is there something

...is there something i can do to reach you
are we something more than history
i'll find some way to convince you to stay
if you just tell me honestly
is there something left of you and me...



stevie wonder


and my favorite songs from stevie wonder's album

for once in my life

...for once in my life i have someone who needs me
someone i've needed so long
for once, unafraid, i can go where life leads me
and somehow i know i'll be strong...


higher ground

...i'm so glad that i know more than i knew then
gonna keep on tryin'
'til i reach my highest ground...


living for the city

...i hope you hear inside my voice of sorrow
and that it motivates you to make a better tomorrow
this place is cruel no where could be much colder
if we don't change the world will soon be over
living just enough, stop giving just enough for the city...


overjoyed

...over hearts, i have painfully turned every stone
just to find, i had found what i've searched to discover
i've come much too far for me now to find
the love that i've sought can never be mine...

No comments: