Tuesday, November 27, 2007

the battle i fight within

self-pity is a battle i try to get through. although at times i try to act as if i am this confident woman-of-the-world who has come to terms with who she is, there are still instances when my insecurities come rising to the surface. even though i can probably hide it from the rest of the world, i can't fake it deep inside. and it wears me down.

i'll be ok. i know i'll be. this is just a bump in the road, something that has made me stumble but then i'll get on with my life. it's nobody's fault but mine anyway.

i don't want to be cynical. really. i want to look at life and still see the beauty in it. i want to look at the future and be excited and know that good things are in store for me. i need to believe that. and maybe that will get me through this.

No comments: