Monday, March 01, 2004

summertime

i have always loved the water.

when i was three years old, i almost drowned because i couldn't wait for my uncle and i jumped into the pool myself. bad idea.

when i was seven, i decided i wanted to learn how to swim. my parents enrolled me in ymca makati and every session was a little piece of heaven to me. i didn't stop there. right after my basic swimming, i asked my dad to enrol me in the advanced classes. my classmates were more competitive and were better swimmers than i was. but i didn't care. the fact that i was there in the pool was enough for me.

recently, i was able to go to boracay. i have wanted for so long to go there but i didn't have the money to do so. good thing for company offsites, i was able to get a glimpse of boracay without shelving out too much. the sand was white and so fine, you would rather walk on the beach barefoot. it's nice feeling the sand through your toes as you explore the beach front and enjoy the sights. i wasn't able to swim at the beach though, since there were a lot of seaweeds. a normal occurrence at a particular season, i was told.

though i had only one day to enjoy the sights and activities with my offsite teammates, my co-workers and my office friends, i say the trip to boracay was worth it.

as if i really need to have my fill of the beach, i went to puerto galera the weekend after that. i was actually leaning on not going but i gave in to the prodding of my friends to go. puerto galera was the place where i did all the activities boracay did not permit me to -- snorkelling, swimming and just lounging by the beach.

next destination --- palawan?

No comments: