Wednesday, October 12, 2011

thinking of the future

a lot people are leaving and moving on with their lives. my college barkada are scattered all around the world --- bahrain, austria, new zealand and the u.s. officemates have resigned and moved to singapore and australia.

i once thought of leaving the country but it hasn't been for a while now. during my first project in my current company (which was almost 9 years ago), i got a chance to travel to sydney and actually fell in love with australia. it was the only country that i thought that i could leave the philippines for. after all this time, i am beginning to consider this again.

i've been to a lot of countries... and for that, i will always be grateful to my company. because of my work, i got to go to a lot of places and experienced a lot of things. and it has given me a better perspective of the world and has made me a more independent person.

i always thought that i would be staying here in the philippines. i love it here. and migrating to another country was not something i was considering. however, where i am in my life now is opening this idea once again. i will be in my mid-30s soon and i need to consider all aspects of my life. and i sometimes feel that some of the dreams that i have for myself might only be realized in another country. and it's not money, mind you. i've never been one to make money a priority in my life. i'd like to have more of it, sure. but it's not something that drives my decisions.

i've talked this through with friends, colleagues and workmates. hopefully, things will turn out well. *fingers crossed*

No comments: